ABORTION ON DEMAND - A NEW TWIST

19 Apr 2024 17:45 #81 by FredHayek
An unwanted child? Yes. I know two women. One was forced to have an abortion by her boyfriend. She wanted to keep the child. She is still upset about this a decade later.

And I know another woman who wanted an abortion but backed out at the last moment. Her daughter is her best friend years later.
If only someone had been there to talk her into having that abortion, right?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2024 08:27 #82 by koobookie
and I know two women who did not get an abortion and are now stuck in poverty as a result of being a single mom, never having the chance to go to college, etc.

There. Now we've both posted anecdotal arguments.

22 Apr 2024 10:26 #83 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: and I know two women who did not get an abortion and are now stuck in poverty as a result of being a single mom, never having the chance to go to college, etc.

Why didn't they give up the kids for adoption?

22 Apr 2024 10:35 #84 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: and I know two women who did not get an abortion and are now stuck in poverty as a result of being a single mom, never having the chance to go to college, etc.

Wow again. But then, you're male, so you wouldn't understand the nine month journey to birth a child. You wouldn't understand the changes to a woman's body that giving birth entails. You wouldn't understand the damage it does to a woman's career. But then, since you're a male, you don't think about these things.

22 Apr 2024 10:36 #85 by koobookie
While we're on the subject of anecdotal stories, this is the damage that abortion bans cause.

news.yahoo.com/emergency-rooms-refused-t...gnant-040150594.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — One woman miscarried in the lobby restroom of a Texas emergency room as front desk staff refused to check her in. Another woman learned that her fetus had no heartbeat at a Florida hospital, the day after a security guard turned her away from the facility. And in North Carolina, a woman gave birth in a car after an emergency room couldn't offer an ultrasound. The baby later died.

Complaints that pregnant women were turned away from U.S. emergency rooms spiked in 2022 after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, federal documents obtained by The Associated Press reveal.

The cases raise alarms about the state of emergency pregnancy care in the U.S., especially in states that enacted strict abortion laws and sparked confusion around the treatment doctors can provide.

22 Apr 2024 12:51 #86 by FredHayek
Do so more research on that Yahoo story please. It wasn't because of an abortion ban. It was because it wasn't a birthing facility. It was an urgent care center.

Please give me which states have outright bans on abortion?

You press sources are lying to you again.

22 Apr 2024 13:07 #87 by koobookie
states.guttmacher.org/policies/

If you ban abortion after 6 weeks, it's effectively a total abortion ban, since many women don't even know they are pregnant by 6 weeks.

Oh, and then there's the scheduling difficulties. Even in 15 week ban states, you might not be able to schedule an abortion in time.

What if you're in a state that bans abortion after 6 or 15 weeks, regardless of rape or incest, and you have to leave the state to get an abortion. That's an effective abortion ban, since you have to travel, buy accommodations and meals, etc. Yeah, that's fair. Oh, I almost forgot, you're male, so you don't have to think about these things.

What about if you have a dead fetus inside you and you're in danger of sepsis? Still can't abort it, since it's after 15 weeks. What a crock of $hit.

22 Apr 2024 13:42 #88 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Wow again. But then, you're male, so you wouldn't understand the nine month journey to birth a child. You wouldn't understand the changes to a woman's body that giving birth entails. You wouldn't understand the damage it does to a woman's career. But then, since you're a male, you don't think about these things.

Yet let's keep partial birth abortions legal, right?

22 Apr 2024 13:43 #89 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: states.guttmacher.org/policies/

If you ban abortion after 6 weeks, it's effectively a total abortion ban, since many women don't even know they are pregnant by 6 weeks.

Oh, and then there's the scheduling difficulties. Even in 15 week ban states, you might not be able to schedule an abortion in time.

What if you're in a state that bans abortion after 6 or 15 weeks, regardless of rape or incest, and you have to leave the state to get an abortion. That's an effective abortion ban, since you have to travel, buy accommodations and meals, etc. Yeah, that's fair. Oh, I almost forgot, you're male, so you don't have to think about these things.

What about if you have a dead fetus inside you and you're in danger of sepsis? Still can't abort it, since it's after 15 weeks. What a crock of $hit.

Somehow Europe has been doing it for decades.

22 Apr 2024 13:46 #90 by koobookie
Yes, and somehow, developed nations have implemented single payer health care for decades, something we are evidently too stupid to figure out.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds