ABORTION ON DEMAND - A NEW TWIST

24 Feb 2024 07:21 #41 by homeagain
s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=5...linknum=2&linktot=86

The 25-year-old was told that she probably had an ectopic pregnancy, a highly dangerous condition where the embryo implants outside of the uterus.

Without immediate treatment, the fallopian tube can rupture — and the patient can die.

The law that has prohibited abortions in Texas since Roe v. Wade was overturned now explicitly allows doctors to treat ectopic pregnancies.

But when doctors at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital evaluated Norris-De La Cruz, they refused to terminate the pregnancy, saying there was a chance the pregnancy was still viable, she recalled.

U R IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE......WHAT ETHICAL DOCTOR WOULD MAKE THIS DECISION???
THE R'S R IN SERIOUS TROUBLE ,IF THEY DON'T TURN THIS AROUND. WOMEN WILL TURN ON THEM LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES.....AND THE SOUTH? PLEASE LET THEME SECEDE , SOME SERIOUS BRAIN CELLS R OBVIOUSLY MISSING......(KINDA LIKE THE GUY IN THE MOVIE DELIVERANCE THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY ABNORMAL AND MENTALLY DEFICIENT ).....by the way, this was not behind a paywall for me)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2024 09:57 #42 by ramage
"..by the way, this was not behind a paywall for me)"

A short synopsis of the article is free, however when trying to access the entire article, it requires a subscription.
In that you evidently have access, please copy and paste, it would be appreciated.

24 Feb 2024 12:04 #43 by homeagain
I tried, it is an extremely long article,will not let me paste....I have a limited amount of articles I can access
without sub. this is one of them I guess. The end result was the FIRST doctor was to AFRAID OF THE LAW
AND DID NOT HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE OR COURAGE TO DO THE RIGHT THING....IN THE END,WHEN THE OUT OF STATE DOCTOR SAW THE IMAGES,THE DECISION WAS IMMEDIATE,AND HER LIFE WAS SAVED,BECAUSE SOMEONE DID THE RIGHT THING (ALTHO IT PUT THEM IN JEOPARDY) TEXAS HAS A 'GOD COMPLEX' AND THE REST OF THE NATION IS AT JEOPARDY OF BEING INDOCTRINATED INTO A CULT (CONTROLLING AND CRUEL) ......WAKE UP.....STAND UP AND SAY NO MORE....SANCTION THE STATE, U THINK NY IS NUTS AND OFF THE WALL, i THINK TEXAS NEEDS A KICK IN THE ASS AND A BAT TO THE HEAD. ..... (seen it in Alaska,too many years ago,SAME
M.O.....BMOC (BIG MAN ON CAMPUS)......it is repugnant.

26 Feb 2024 08:18 #44 by koobookie

ramage wrote: As I stated earlier once a zygote implants successfully in the uterus, thus becoming an embryo that is my concept as to when live begins.
The SC of Alabama has ruled that an IVF "embryo" is life and that the destruction of an ivf "embryo" is an abortion. I disagree. However, the constitutional form of government gives the voters a mechanism for voiding the ruling.

But Alabama has ruled that a fertilized egg is a human. Doesn't matter what you think, the state government of Alabama has defined the beginning of life. Now IVF treatments have stopped in that state for fear of prosecution.

26 Feb 2024 08:33 #45 by ramage
Yes, the state SC of Alabama ruled that fertilized embryos are human.
5 seats on the Alabama SC are on the ballot in Nov. 2024. If the citizens of Alabama disagree with the ruling they have the opportunity to vote out judges that voted in the affirmative.

26 Feb 2024 12:59 #46 by Blazer Bob
OT

I have not been around here much for quite a while.
Does the ring still exist?

26 Feb 2024 14:23 #47 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Yes, the state SC of Alabama ruled that fertilized embryos are human.
5 seats on the Alabama SC are on the ballot in Nov. 2024. If the citizens of Alabama disagree with the ruling they have the opportunity to vote out judges that voted in the affirmative.

Exactly. President Trump is encouraging the Alabama legislature to fix this decision by the Supreme Court with a new law so IVF can still work in the state.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Feb 2024 15:33 #48 by koobookie
Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice:

"The People of Alabama have declared the public policy of this State to be that unborn human life is sacred. We believe that each human being, from the moment of conception, is made in the image of God, created by Him to reflect His likeness. It is as if the People of Alabama took what was spoken of the prophet Jeremiah and applied it to every unborn person in this state: 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, Before you were born I sanctified you.' Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV 1982). All three branches of government are subject to a constitutional mandate to treat each unborn human life with reverence. Carving out an exception for the people in this case, small as they were, would be unacceptable to the People of this State, who have required us to treat every human being in accordance with the fear of a holy God who made them in His image."

How about that, huh. This is the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, interpreting laws based upon his religion.

Oh, and then Parker dismisses one of his fellow justices who wrote a dissent in the Alabama decision.

"To the extent that Justice Cook is predicting that IVF will now end in Alabama, that prediction does not seem to be well-founded."

26 Feb 2024 16:13 #49 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: OT

I have not been around here much for quite a while.
Does the ring still exist?

why yes it does....ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS ON A TOPIC,PUT IT IN THE RING....CHECK IT OUT

26 Feb 2024 16:47 #50 by koobookie
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds