ABORTION ON DEMAND - A NEW TWIST

22 Feb 2024 11:17 #31 by ramage
I find it telling that Ms. Chatman's first concern is when her child support starts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 11:29 #32 by koobookie
I find it telling that Alabama thinks fertilized eggs are people, but hey, you do you.

22 Feb 2024 11:49 - 22 Feb 2024 12:00 #33 by homeagain

ramage wrote: I find it telling that Ms. Chatman's first concern is when her child support starts.

THAT is the most damning statement of the male species....where the frig do u think the $$$$$ should come from, when there r diapers,baby formula,comfortable clothes,medical check ups,shelter out of the elements,
hygiene products,food,( age appropriate ) AND CHILD CARE ,because the woman is at work......THAT is most inane,insensitive, stupid MALE question....and THIS coming from a DOCTOR OF MEDICINE., COLOR ME ASTOUNDED...(it has certainly defined just WHO u r and what your understanding of livable conditions means).....U,a upper class,white male who believes your position in life, grants u the .privilege of questioning that question...I DARE U ASSUME EVERYONE IS BELOW U....when they first show u who they r BELIEVE THEM.

an infant,days old, is not like a fawn or colt,up and walking within in hours and able to feed on the go. JUST A FRIGGIN REMINDER......it is an 18 year commitment, r u that unaware of the time and $$$$ it takes to get a child to adulthood, with some degree of grace,intelligence and hopefully a productive person???

22 Feb 2024 12:57 #34 by ramage
THAT is the most damning statement of the male species....where the frig do u think the $$$$$ should come from, when there r diapers,baby formula,comfortable clothes,medical check ups,shelter out of the elements,

A novel idea: from her and her husband.

"
an infant,days old, is not like a fawn or colt,up and walking within in hours and able to feed on the go. JUST A FRIGGIN REMINDER......it is an 18 year commitment, r u that unaware of the time and $$$$ it takes to get a child to adulthood, with some degree of grace,intelligence and hopefully a productive person???

Thanks for the reminder, HA, it has been sometime since my children were born and raised. Though I can say that being involved with the raising of grandchildren is much more proximate in time. Personal experience is an important facet of this discussion. Would you agree?

22 Feb 2024 13:17 #35 by homeagain
. Personal experience is an important facet of this discussion. Would you agree? PER RAMAGE...

GEE, let me give u definitive degree of understanding.....MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I was responsible for raising my brother,when my mother,who was very sick most of the time,got pregnant. I was the one who sterilized glass baby bottles,changed diapers (cloth,because paper had not been invented then) took care of his needs AND my mothers also.. I was the one that did NOT have a normal childhood,because I was care taker to both my mother and then my brother....WHY do u think I have NO children now and elected to be sterilized??? Your above question ASSUMES alot......and it is despicable (as was the original question u posted).......as I stated before, a white,upper class male who believes he is far superior from most.

22 Feb 2024 14:48 #36 by koobookie
and so it begins....

news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-pols-want-databa...ryone-220051715.html

Oklahoma Pols Want a Database of Everyone Who Has an Abortion

An Oklahoma bill that would create a database of every person who obtained an abortion is one step closer to becoming law.

The so-called Oklahoma Right To Human Life Act, authored by state Rep. Kevin West, passed out of the Public Health Committee last week and moves to a full House vote next month. The bill would require the Oklahoma State Department of Health to create a database in which each patient is identified by a “unique patient identifier” to track how many abortions a patient has and when. That information and the identity of the patient could be released to authorities under a court order.

Oklahoma already outlaws all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother, without exceptions for rape or incest.

Suppose they will track miscarriages and charge the woman with manslaughter?

and here you boys said it couldn't happen in America.

22 Feb 2024 19:41 #37 by FredHayek
Roe ended after 50 years. It moved abortion from being a national law to a state law, so it will take time to determine what the voters of those states really want. While many deep red states are pushing for extreme measures like six week abortion bans, other deep red state's voters like Kansas want strong abortion rights.
So while radical feminists think this is the new Handmaid's Tale, abortion rights have been helping Democrats win elections. Maybe even Alabama can change.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Feb 2024 17:05 #38 by koobookie
Fred, what exactly is a radical feminist?

In the meantime, while you are ignoring that question, here's a little cartoon illustrating the consequences of the Alabama court decision.

Attachments:

23 Feb 2024 21:28 #39 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I find it telling that Alabama thinks fertilized eggs are people, but hey, you do you.

President Trump today asked legislators to fix this. Will they listen to K and the Donald?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Feb 2024 01:13 #40 by ramage
As I stated earlier once a zygote implants successfully in the uterus, thus becoming an embryo that is my concept as to when live begins.
The SC of Alabama has ruled that an IVF "embryo" is life and that the destruction of an ivf "embryo" is an abortion. I disagree. However, the constitutional form of government gives the voters a mechanism for voiding the ruling.

Now please explain what this means: " but hey, you do you."

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds