Parents Rights?

27 Mar 2024 18:36 #1 by FredHayek
Parents Rights? was created by FredHayek
Denver City Council has banned soft drinks for children at restaurants.

Meanwhile Florida has banned social media for those 14 and under. Parents aren't allowed to sign a waiver for their kids.

Sad that both parties don't trust parents to parent.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2024 20:39 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Parents Rights?
Why do you think there’s an epidemic of kids thinking they are the other sex or some kind of animal? What technology has made bullying so easy which has caused record child suicides?

Social media has ruined a generation of kids and there’s a very good reason for trying to help with that problem. There’s a million ways for a kid to get fat.

This country would have a better chance of survival if social media was somehow burned to ash and replaced with human contact again,.. but we know there’s no turning back.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Mar 2024 08:25 #3 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Parents Rights?

Rick wrote: This country would have a better chance of survival if social media was somehow burned to ash and replaced with human contact again,.. but we know there’s no turning back.

... said the guy on social media.

28 Mar 2024 10:06 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Parents Rights?
Very true. This is social media. The first BBS boards established were social media. I find them it very helpful in keeping contact with old friends and family members. I even signed up for Instagram because that is where my nieces and nephews were.

Could this be a deal where 95% of people can function well on social media but a small few can't?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2024 07:21 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Parents Rights?

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: This country would have a better chance of survival if social media was somehow burned to ash and replaced with human contact again,.. but we know there’s no turning back.

I don't have a mind weak enough to believe that a person can change their gender... so I'm safe.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Mar 2024 10:56 #6 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Parents Rights?

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:

I don't have a mind weak enough to believe that a person can change their gender... so I'm safe.

... said the guy on social media criticizing social media.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds