IMPACT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS ON THE POLITICAL FRONT

10 Apr 2024 09:30 #51 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Sorry, you are incorrect about illegal aliens voting. Deep Blue cities continue to let them vote in civic elections.

Voting by aliens

(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless-

(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;

(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and

(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.

(b) Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(c) Subsection (a) does not apply to an alien if-

(1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization);

(2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16; and

(3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of voting in violation of such subsection that he or she was a citizen of the United States.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2024 09:39 #52 by FredHayek
The Supreme Court told President Biden that he couldn't pay off student loans. He continues to do it. Democrats aren't much ones for following the rules.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Apr 2024 09:41 #53 by FredHayek

Despite American citizens leaving California for states with more freedom and lower taxes, yet somehow California homelessness continues to rise.

Please note, the California legislature is controlled by a Democrat supermajority. Must be all those illegal immigrants that President Biden continues to let in.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

10 Apr 2024 09:45 #54 by Rick
Koobookie, do you believe non-citizens of this country are 100% banned from voting in local elections that are supposed to be reserved for American citizens? I understand why you may think that since I’ve never heard any of your sources talking about it.

Allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections is the first step in allowing them to vote in our federal elections. You can argue that’s a good or bad thing but you can’t credibility argue that it’s not happening in our country.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Apr 2024 09:53 #55 by koobookie
www.usa.gov/who-can-vote

Who cannot vote?

Non-citizens, including permanent legal residents, cannot vote in federal, state, and most local elections.
Some people cannot vote after being convicted of a felony or if they are currently serving time for other types of crimes. Rules are different in each state. Check this guide from the Department of Justice to understand the laws in your state.
Some people who have a mental disability may not be able to vote. Learn about your voting rights. Rules vary by state.
U.S. citizens residing in U.S. territories cannot vote for president in the general election.

Check with your state or local election office for any questions about who can and cannot vote.

LAST UPDATED: February 20, 2024

10 Apr 2024 10:02 #56 by ramage
' ..... most local elections."

With rudimentary reading skills one would know that illegal aliens are voting in elections in the U.S.

Most importantly they are counted in the U.S. Census. Because of this California, for example, has more representatives that they would have if only citizens were counted in the Census.

10 Apr 2024 10:05 #57 by koobookie

ramage wrote: ' ..... most local elections."

With rudimentary reading skills one would know that illegal aliens are voting in elections in the U.S.

Most importantly they are counted in the U.S. Census. Because of this California, for example, has more representatives that they would have if only citizens were counted in the Census.

Give me verifiable data on the number of non-citizens that are voting in elections.

Then give me verifiable data on illegal immigrants that are voting in elections.

10 Apr 2024 10:13 #58 by Rick
I’m using my phone and can’t copy/paste.

If you don’t believe illegals are voting in any elections, just say so. Go on the record right now and say that non-citizens are NOT voting in any elections that have historically been reserved for US citizens. If you don’t have enough information, it’s your duty as a citizen to research for yourself. Or, you can just blindly believe what your sources tell you and ignore the topic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Apr 2024 10:16 #59 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I’m using my phone and can’t copy/paste.

If you don’t believe illegals are voting in any elections, just say so. Go on the record right now and say that non-citizens are NOT voting in any elections that have historically been reserved for US citizens. If you don’t have enough information, it’s your duty as a citizen to research for yourself. Or, you can just blindly believe what your sources tell you and ignore the topic.

Give me verifiable data on the number of non-citizens that are voting in elections.

Then give me verifiable data on the number of illegal immigrants that are voting in elections.

10 Apr 2024 12:35 #60 by ramage
"Give me verifiable data on the number of non-citizens that are voting in elections.

Then give me verifiable data on illegal immigrants that are voting in elections."

Girl,
There is a political saying, taken from football, "there you go, moving the goalposts again" You offer a citation, that irrefutably states that illegal aliens are voting in elections. After this was pointed out, you acknowledged this fact tacitly, so rather than remaining silent, (I never expect you to realize your error) you now demand the above.
Please understand that the questions of illegal status along with race, religion, gender are not asked when voting. Therefore unless a voter offers their status, it is unknown.
What is known is that illegal aliens can vote in certain jurisdictions. Please read the following citation.
www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/e...49-b8c5-1490093a5968

I can only explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds