Local Foothills Weather Forecasts

10 Jun 2015 10:06 #1 by Chief Meteorologist

My Mountain Town Weather

From Meteorologist Steve Hamilton
Morrison | Conifer | Evergreen |  Pine | Bailey | Fairplay | Jefferson-Como | Alma | Lake George & Guffey | Hartsel

Another Cold Front Wednesday, And More Rain...

The April Showers are continuing into the second week of May for the Foothills. A few scattered showers are possible on Tuesday, then a stronger cold
front arrives by midday Wednesday. That will increase rain chances quite a bit, with afternoon showers and thunderstorms likely for most of our area.
Following the cold front, wind will turn to the northeast, supplying an upslope flow, enhancing rainfall. Rain could mix with snow for some of the higher
Foothills locations overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning, but little or no accumulation is expected. High pressure settles into the Central
Rockies on Thursday and Friday, and it looks like we'll get fair and warmer weather through the weekend.

Morrison

Tuesday: Mix of sun and clouds. Afternoon showers or thunderstorms possible. High: Upper 70s.

Tuesday Night: Scattered evening showers or thunderstorms, ending by midnight. Low: Mid 40s. Breezy.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms are likely in the afternoon. Breezy. Lower 60s.

Wednesday Night: Scattered showers. Low: Mid 40s.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, but a few afternoon showers are possible. High: 70.

Conifer

Tuesday: Fair in the morning. Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. Mid 60s.

Tuesday Night: Cloudy with a few showers in the evening. Low: Upper 30s.

Wednesday: A few early showers. Afternoon showers and thunderstorms are likely. Breezy. Lower 50s.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy with scattered evening showers. Low: Lower 30s.

Thursday: Sunny in the morning. Maybe an afternoon shower. High: Upper 50s.

Evergreen

Tuesday: Mix of sun and clouds in the morning. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms. High: Upper 60s.

Tuesday Night: Scattered evening showers. Cloudy after midnight. Low: 40.

Wednesday: Scattered morning showers. Rain and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Mid 50s.

Wednesday Night: Evening showers possible. Just cloudy after midnight. Low: Upper 30s.

Thursday: Fair in the morning. A few afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Lower 60s.

Pine

Tuesday: Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High: Upper 60s.

Tuesday Night: A few showers in the evening. Just cloudy overnight. Low: 40.

Wednesday: Showers and afternoon thunderstorms are likely. High: Upper 50s.

Wednesday Night: Scattered showers in the evening. Just cloudy overnight. Low: 40.

Thursday: A few showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High: Lower 60s.

Bailey

Tuesday: Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. High: Mid 60s.

Tuesday Night: Cloudy with a few showers in the evening. Upper 30s.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms are likely. High: Mid 50s.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy, with scattered evening showers. Low: Mid 30s.

Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds, with a few afternoon showers possible. High: 60.

Fairplay

Tuesday: Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High: Lower 50s. Breezy.

Tuesday Night: A few evening showers, then just cloudy. Low: Lower 30s.

Wednesday: Mix of rain and snow in the morning. All rain in the afternoon. High: 50.

Wednesday Night: A few evening showers, then cloudy after midnight. Low: 30.

Thursday: Sunny in the morning. A few afternoon thunderstorms. High: 50.

Como And Jefferson

Tuesday: Partly sunny. Scattered afternoon showers, and windy. High: Mid 50s.

Tuesday Night: Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Low: Lower 30s.

Wednesday: Rain and snow showers in the morning. Afternoon rain showers and thunderstorms. Upper 40s.

Wednesday Night: Rain or snow showers possible in the evening. Low: 30.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, but a few afternoon showers are possible. High: 50.

Alma

Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms, mostly in the afternoon. Breezy. High: Upper 40s.

Tuesday Night: A mix of rain and snow showers. Low: Upper 20s to low 30s.

Wednesday: Rain and snow showers early, then afternoon rain showers are likely. Windy. High: Upper 40s.

Wednesday Night: A few snow showers possible. Low: Upper 20s.

Thursday: Sunny early. Scattered afternoon showers. High: Upper 40s.
Lake George And Guffey

Tuesday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Breezy. High: Upper 60s.

Tuesday Night: A few evening showers, then just cloudy and breezy. Low: Mid 30s.

Wednesday: Afternoon showers and thunderstorms are likely. High: Upper 50s.

Wednesday Night: Showers and a few thunderstorms. Low: Mid 30s.

Thursday: A mix of sun and clouds, with a few afternoon showers. High: 60.

Hartsel

Tuesday: Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High: 60. Breezy.

Tuesday Night: A few evening showers, then partly cloudy. Low: Lower 30s.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms are likely. High: Mid 50s.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy. Low: Mid 30s.

Thursday: Sunny in the morning. A few afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Upper 50s.

FB 3 28 2017Steve Hamiltonis a meteorologist based in Denver. He is certified by the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association. Steve embraced meteorology at age nine, when Hurricane Agnes roared across his home town in New Jersey. He moved to Denver, Colorado with his family in 1979, graduating from Columbine High School in Littleton in 1980. Steve has a BS in Mass Media from Colorado State University. In 2009 he obtained a Certificate of Meteorology from Mississippi State University, and a certification from the American Meteorological Society. He is continuing his education remotely through Penn State University. He is a lead meteorologist for The Storm Report, Inc., delivering daily weather forecasts via radio, and digital media.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2015 12:55 - 22 Jun 2015 13:01 #2 by HappyCamper
This is great I am so glad to know we have our own Meteorologist.

Maybe he can tell me when it will rain in Bailey so the pine pollen will go away. People tell me I live in the banana belt but have yet to see a banana tree :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

22 Jun 2015 13:31 #3 by NeutralGuy
So, where will the forecasts be posted in this forum or on a special page?

Storm chasers fascinate me maybe you could share some of the photos you get or maybe videos!

22 Jun 2015 14:02 #4 by ScienceChic
Great question NeutralGuy! Steve will be posting his forecasts on our new Super Local Weather Forecasts page here: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/super-local-weather which can be found in the drop-down menu that opens up when you click on Weather & Traffic in the menu across the very top of the page (or you can bookmark it!).

I too would love to see some photos and/or video while storm-chasing!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 14:54 #5 by FredHayek
Welcome aboard! (pun intended.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

22 Jun 2015 17:15 - 22 Jun 2015 17:15 #6 by HappyCamper
I have a real question...Where in Bailey is the temp reading coming from?

I am only asking as it says 73 right now and both my manual and digital thermometer are saying 80 they are on the back side of the house so the sun is not hitting them.

This is mostly a curiosity thing I know temps can be different depending on altitude and all that.

22 Jun 2015 18:14 #7 by ScienceChic
Do you mean the current temp that is displayed on the left-hand side of the Home & weather pages? If so, that's from Weather Underground; I have no idea where they measure it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 18:44 #8 by HappyCamper
Yes, that was what I was looking at and that is good to hear Weatherunderground as that is what I typically use seems to be the closest.

29 Jun 2015 08:29 #9 by jf1acai
According to my calendar, the week of June 22 is past. What happened to the forecasts? ;)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Jun 2015 12:57 #10 by ScienceChic
Unfortunately, Steve had some family health stuff come up. If everyone could send good positive healing thoughts to his family, it would be much appreciated. He's hoping to start this week, but I told him to not worry as family comes first. I'll keep you posted when he's ready! Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds