FOUR DEAD IN OHIO

04 May 2024 14:07 - 04 May 2024 16:13 #1 by homeagain
FOUR DEAD IN OHIO was created by homeagain
www.npr.org/2024/05/04/1249023924/kent-s...ts-protests-survivor

"It wasn't until I was personally touched, losing friends in that war and seeing the draft that would now take my brothers to that war, that I stopped throwing the anti-war leaflets away and I paid attention," she recalls in an interview with NPR.

She says she sees similarities with the students who are protesting at college campuses across the country today, calling for a cease-fire in Gaza and university divestment from companies linked to Israel.

"They at least know that they don't want any famine and suffering and death done in their name," she says. "And so it's inspiring to see them having similar conversations that we had, saying 'We don't like what we're seeing and we need to speak out against it.' "

LONG READ.....FROM ONE WHO WAS PRESENT AND IN PERIL

www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/05/...587a23cf2e1c92ac85f1

Here r some facts regarding financial ties.....some r straight up and some r vague.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2024 20:33 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
Some very important differences in the protesters from then and now. The article completely ignored the fact that Jewish people are being threatened and blocked from being able to move freely around the campus they paid for. If these protesters were doing something to be admired, they would be pushing the antisemite scumbags off the campus.

Very bad comparison.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 May 2024 22:17 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
Not to mention that there have been abt 16 cease fires and Hamas has broken every single one of them.

The students are standing WITH murder, torture, rape, mutilation and genocide. \

From the notoriously right wing BBC
www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67629181

"The BBC has seen and heard evidence of rape, sexual violence and mutilation of women during the 7 October Hamas attacks.

WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND RAPE

Several people involved in collecting and identifying the bodies of those killed in the attack told us they had seen multiple signs of sexual assault, including broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears, and that the victims ranged from children and teenagers to pensioners.

Video testimony of an eyewitness at the Nova music festival, shown to journalists by Israeli police, detailed the gang rape, mutilation and execution of one victim.

Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.

05 May 2024 06:22 - 05 May 2024 06:47 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
www.npr.org/2024/05/04/1249188864/nyc-co...s-palestinian-campus

The arrest breakdown was released on Thursday by the New York City Police Department and Mayor Eric Adams following mounting pressure for Adams to reveal how many of those arrested at Columbia University and The City College of New York were students after his repeated claims that "outside agitators" guided the protests that led to the arrests.

City officials said 29% of the 112 people arrested at a protest at Columbia on Tuesday were not affiliated with the school. At the City College protest, 60% of the 170 arrested were not affiliated with the school, according to the city's press release.

Alot of loose ends...vague financial affiliations AND non students joining up (where they past alumni.,had attended and then dropped out? THE REAL ISSUE is. when do u say NO MORE AND ACT.?

i THINK WE ARE ALL OF THE AGE, THAT CAN REMEMBER EQUAL EGREGIOUS IMAGES OF MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MANKIND......war is not kind,considerate and humane. IT'S PRIME OBJECTIVE IS TO DESTROY IN ANY WAY U CAN POSSIBLE IMAGINE..

05 May 2024 08:33 #5 by homeagain
www.reuters.com/world/us/how-us-campus-p...-war-era-2024-05-04/

The growing death toll in Gaza and images of the widespread destruction there have swayed public opinion, with support for Israel's military assault dropping from 50% in a November Gallup poll to 36% in late March.
Biden, who last month signed legislation to provide $14 billion more aid to Israel, has faced growing criticism over his handling of the crisis, with hundreds of thousands of voters casting "uncommitted ballots" in Democratic primaries in recent months to express their frustration and anger.

Senator Bernie Sanders also drew comparisons with Vietnam, noting former President Lyndon Johnson's decision not to run in 1968 amid growing anger over the war in Vietnam.
"I worry very much that President Biden is putting himself in a position where he has alienated, not just young people, but a lot of the Democratic base, in terms of his views on Israel and this war,” Sanders told CNN.

from another pov......STILL...waging war (with $$$$$ aid) is the problem. "young people speaking their minds,getting so much resistance......" HISTORY has a way of repetition"

05 May 2024 08:55 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO

homeagain wrote: City officials said 29% of the 112 people arrested at a protest at Columbia on Tuesday were not affiliated with the school. At the City College protest, 60% of the 170 arrested were not affiliated with the school, according to the city's press release.

Alot of loose ends...vague financial affiliations AND non students joining up (where they past alumni.,had attended and then dropped out? THE REAL ISSUE is. when do u say NO MORE AND ACT.?

You do understand that the outside groups coming in to whip up the student morons are funded by the same people who also fund the Democrat party, right? These are not conservatives in any way... they are radical leftists that would like nothing more than to watch this country burn. They've had their foot soldiers (educators) pumping anti-American garbage into the soft skulls of idiots for decades and now we get to see the fruits of their labor. Again, nothing like what happened in Ohio.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 May 2024 09:24 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
Post Kent State, expect the National Guard to resist any efforts to use them to shut down campus demonstrations.

Denver police are refusing to evict the Auraria tent city. Claiming no laws are being broken. Philadelphia police are doing the same.

What happens to these demonstrations after the schools close for the Summer?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2024 09:43 #8 by homeagain
You do understand that the outside groups coming in to whip up the student morons are funded by the same people who also fund the Democrat party, right? These are not conservatives in any way... they are radical leftists that would like nothing more than to watch this country burn,.AND I would say they r a constituent
of a "political group of professional puppeteers who pull strings to stir up chaos........Jan 6th comes to mind.. MANIPULATION of the masses for a specific reason...propped up by people with considerable amounts of money. IF you want to look at ulterior motives......KEEP THAT I N MIND.

05 May 2024 16:48 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
I was too young to watch the Chicago Democrat convention, but it looks like I will get to see the sequel.

BTW, Chicago today canceled the Cinco De Mayo parade because of too much gang violence. Who is even running that city right now?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2024 20:48 #10 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
Are you saying that the same people who are funding the campus riots funded jan 6????

homeagain wrote: You do understand that the outside groups coming in to whip up the student morons are funded by the same people who also fund the Democrat party, right? These are not conservatives in any way... they are radical leftists that would like nothing more than to watch this country burn,.AND I would say they r a constituent
of a "political group of professional puppeteers who pull strings to stir up chaos........Jan 6th comes to mind.. MANIPULATION of the masses for a specific reason...propped up by people with considerable amounts of money. IF you want to look at ulterior motives......KEEP THAT I N MIND.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds